DONAN is committed to ensuring all of our service lines offer exceptional quality at competitive rates. We’re also dedicated to identifying what our clients value most and continually improving to better meet their evolving needs.
Late last year we surveyed a sample of our clients who frequently use DONAN for HVAC claim investigation. We received a lot of insight from those conversations:
- The name Lightning Investigation, because of its focus on a single peril, was sometimes confusing and did not convey DONAN’s full range of capabilities.
- Clients place a high value not only on the determination of an accurate cause of loss, but also on an accurate estimate of what it costs to return a unit to pre-loss condition.
- Competitive fixed-price offerings are extremely important for cost-effectively handling HVAC claims that tend to be lower in value, but can add up quickly.
In response to these learnings, we’ve made strategic improvements to DONAN’s HVAC-focused service line:
- Lightning Investigation is now HVAC Forensics to better encompass the full range of services our Forensic Technicians provide. Beyond inspecting units for lightning or power surge damage, our experts also commonly investigate:
- Wear and Tear
- Mechanical Failure
- Improper Maintenance or Installation
- Windborne Objects
In addition to our fixed-price HVAC investigations, we now also offer fixed-price Contractor Estimate Reviews that provide an expert opinion on the accuracy of both the reported cause of failure and repair and replacement recommendations.
- In order to expand the coverage area and increase the responsiveness of our fixed-price HVAC offerings, we are
- lowering our base prices:
- Fixed-Price HVAC Investigation $600 (previously $650)
- w/Destructive Testing $700 (previously $850)
- Fixed-Price HVAC Hail Investigation $600 (previously $650)
- and standardizing the amount of mileage and travel time that is included:
- fixed-price investigations listed above include two hours (90 miles) of roundtrip travel from the nearest enabled office
- additional travel will be billed at the standard hourly rate for Forensic Technicians ($95/hr) and mileage will be billed at the IRS rate
- lowering our base prices:
- In 2015, HVAC Forensics’ coverage will expand to 19 states and 26 offices
We hope you’re as excited as we are about these enhancements to DONAN’s HVAC services. We care about what our clients care about and hope you recognize these changes as evidence that your voice has been heard.
DISASTER411 Would Like to Thank DONAN Solutions
for Sharing This Article Along with Their Expertise!
This blog post was originally published by DONAN Solutions on March 2, 2015 and then shared with DISASTER411 on March 6, 2015.
If you are an emergency service provider, disaster restoration contractor, or property insurance claims professional and also wish to contribute helpful content to this site then please call DISASTER411 Media at (855) 515-0411 or Contact Us.
Forensic Engineering | Fire Investigation | Component Testing | Lightning & Hail Investigation
DONAN Solutions has been a Showcase Sponsor of DISASTER411.com since July of 2014